MAINLAND INDUSTRIAL LICENSE:
- If you are someone who wants to obtain an industrial license in Abu Dhabi or the UAE here is everything you need to know.
- This license is given to businesses that are involved in converting natural resources or raw materials into finished goods. Also, an important condition of obtaining this license includes a physical warehouse inside the UAE.
- The production and manufacture of raw goods and materials in an industrial space and environment requires an industrial license.
- Abu Dhabi Department of Economic Development in Abu Dhabi is responsible for issuing this license. You will also need to get approval from the Abu Dhabi Municipality and other relevant authorities too.
Activities under industrial license;
Some of the major activities that come under this license include:
Documents required for industrial license:
- A detailed report – information about the industry or factory consisting of the plan, objectives, equipment information, manufacturing cost, capital and source of finance, employee details, and other relevant information.
- Passport copy and residence copy
- Feasibility study
- Partnership contract (only if partnership firm)
- Approval from National Media Council
- Approval from the Ministry of Environment and Water
- Approval from the Ministry of Interior
- Approval from the Ministry of Health
- Balance Sheet copy
Conditions to follow:
You need below certain specifications before applying for this license:
- Local license- It is mandatory for industrial concerns and issued from the area where you will operate your activity.
- Capital-The capital of your company have a minimum AED 250,000.
- Employees- Minimum requirement of ten employees or workers is compulsory.
- Office and warehouse- A physical office space and a warehouse are compulsory.
Advantages of industrial license-
- There are economical rates for water, electricity, and other essential requirements.
- Reduced rates available for innovative products.
- The UAE government will give priority to products with exceptional quality during official procurement.
- The government will give subsidized rates for the land where you will establish your industry.
- During R&D, the government will support you financially if your products will strengthen the national economy.
How to obtain an industrial license?
- The first step is to obtain the initial approval from the relevant authorities.
- Next, get in touch with the Abu Dhabi Department of Economic Development and apply for a license.
- It will take around three months to process the application.
- Once it is approved, you will get notified by receiving an application approval notification from Abu Dhabi Department of Economic Development which takes fifteen days.
- You need to get permission prior from the Abu Dhabi municipality when it comes to factory construction.
- You also need necessary approvals from the Ministries and agencies like the Ministry of Health, Chamber of Commerce and Industry, and so on.
- If everything goes through smoothly, then you will get the final approval within two weeks.
- Once it is approved, you need to construct the industrial space within six months.
- Submit all the data to the Abu Dhabi Department of Economic Development and also a letter stating when you will start your industrial activity. After this, the Department will also issue a certificate of authorization.
- You need to submit a letter to the concerned authorities regarding being included in the register of industries.
- If there are any alterations or amendments to be done concerning your factory, submit a letter to the Abu Dhabi Department of Economic Development including the changes.
- You are not allowed to lease or sell property allocated by the government for your industrial activity.
- Employees’ data of the company needs to be prepared and submitted to Abu Dhabi Department of Economic Development.
- According to federal laws, 25% employment is granted to local Emiratis.
- Strict adherence to hygiene, health conditions, and other industrial safety must be maintained and is mandatory.
- Policies, rules, and regulations have to be strictly followed.
- If there is any change concerning the appointment of a director, then it must be sent to Abu Dhabi Department of Economic Development in writing.
- Reports need to be sent to the concerned authorities regularly.
Getting an Industrial License can be overwhelming and also very challenging. So, get in touch with our business consultants who will guide you at every step of the way.